[Tweeters] Eastern Red-tailed Hawk at 204th,Kent

MARVIN BREECE marvbreece at q.com
Tue Jan 30 06:39:24 PST 2024

Each of the past 5 days, there has been an adult Eastern Red-tailed Hawk at 204th St in Kent, west of Frager Rd. I have seen the bird behind and west of the horse track. Also from Frager Rd looking west into the trees. This bird is very white on the front with limited markings. It has a well defined white throat and a red tail. I'll put videos of this bird on Flickr in a day or 2.

Last year there was a juvenile Eastern Red-tailed Hawk at this same location, but as far as I know, it was there for only one day. How long the current bird will remain is anyone's guess.

By the way, the Northern Red-tailed Hawk continues at M Street in Auburn. I first saw this bird on 11.18.23 and have seen it reliably since, including yesterday ( 1.29.24 ).

Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com