[Tweeters] Owl in Discovery

Jamie Holland jamietholland at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 21:13:39 PST 2024

Hi Aadu,

Those hoots sound just like the Barred Owl hoots I get outside my window
here in the Clearview/Maltby area. They certainly make other, more
characteristic calls as well, but those single hoots aren't uncommon. I
heard them last, probably will again tonight!

More experienced owlers will hopefully chime in, but that's my impression.
Then again, I've never heard Long-Eared Owls in person, so I'd be excited
to be wrong--and to have the chance to hear them so close by!

Jamie Holland