[Tweeters] Fwd: Do Cooper's eat rats?

J Christian Kessler 1northraven at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 21:56:55 PST 2024

in line with Paul's response, a few days ago my son in VA took a video of
a Coopers eating an Eastern Grey Squirrel. they weigh 14-21 oz (Wikipedia)
while the upper end of weight range for the Norway Rat is listed at 17.6
oz. (Wikipedia) -

Chris Kessler
Seattle

On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 9:29 PM Paul Bannick <paul.bannick at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have seen them take large Norway Rats in Discovery Park

> Sent from Gmail Mobile

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2024 at 7:48 PM Thomas Einberger <teinberger at gmail.com>

> wrote:

>> Cooper's Hawks eat small rodents, but are rats small enough? The Cooper's

>> have seemed interested in the rats that need to be eaten out the window,

>> but is this a last resort for them if no other food is available? The rats

>> aren't particularly afraid of the Cooper's.

"moderation in everything, including moderation"
Rustin Thompson