[Tweeters] Lots of Eagles

Odette B. James o.b.james at verizon.net
Sat Mar 9 14:19:06 PST 2024

This morning, Saturday March 9, at 8:50 am, there were 9 Bald Eagles in a
single tree at the south edge of Lake Washington, and an additional eagle in
the same scope field in a slightly more distant tree. The distant eagle was
an adult. Of the 9 in the tree, one was an adult, three were subadult (head
almost entirely white but a bit of dark streaking, tail with a brown
terminal band), and the remaining five were blotchy immatures. This is the
first time I've seen so many eagles in a single scope field at this
location. Lovely start to my day, from the balcony of my retirement
apartment.

Odette James