[Tweeters] Wiley Slough Update

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Tue Mar 12 08:22:43 PDT 2024

Hi,

The latest update in an email from WDFW is that Wiley won't reopen to
the public before "some time this fall". This project has already been
slipped - more than once - and so I'm not too confident in that date.
Aggravating the completion date is that the contractor suspends all
work during the Winter ("can't work during bad weather").

My most recent pics of Wiley - taken from the road closure point -
show that they have removed essentially all of the trees and brush
along the dike ... that you can see from that point. I don't know if
they have also removed trees and brush from the dike where it runs
out towards the river from the dike branch/flood at the control gate.

- Jim

*** email from WDFW ***

Hi Jim,

The site will not be open again until construction is completed,
scheduled for some time this fall.

Best,
Jenny