[Tweeters] Birding books

Odette B. James o.b.james at verizon.net
Wed Mar 13 16:26:37 PDT 2024

I am in the process of downsizing and I need to get rid of some of my bird
books. The books listed below are free to anyone who will come to my
apartment to pick them up. I'm at the south end of Lake Washington, in a
retirement community just west of the Cedar River delta (and the airport).
My place has wonderful view of the Cedar River delta and the south end of
the lake, if you are a birder looking for a retirement community. (And
everything else about the community is really great, not just the birding.)

The Clements Checklist of Birds of the World - James Clements, 2007 (the
last hardcover version of this checklist - has a few penciled-in entries
that could be erased)

A Birders Guide to Vancouver Island - K. Taylor, 1990

Audubon Society Field Guild to North American Birds, Eastern Region

A Guild to the Birds of the West Indies - Herbert Raffaele et al., 1998

Exploring the Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail - Mel White, 2004

Peterson Field Guide, Eastern Birds - Roger Tory Peterson, 1980

A Field Guide to the Birds of Galapagos - Michael Harris, 1982

Birds of the Antarctic and Sub-Antarctic - George Watson, 1975

Birding on Borrowed Time - Pheobe Snetsinger, 2003

Life List - Olivia Gentile, 2009 (a book about Phoebe Snetsinger)

That Quail, Robert - Margaret Stanger, 1966 (about a pet quail)

Living as a Bird - Vinciane Despret, 2022 (English translation)

The World's Rarest Birds - Erik Hirschfeld et al., 2013

On Feathered Wings: Birds in Flight - Richard Ettlinger, 2008

Birds of the World - Oliver Austin Jr., 1961

Bird Song cassettes - still shrink wrapped, never opened:

Bird Songs of the Rocky Mountain States and Provinces - Richter and Keller

Bird Songs of Southeastern Arizona and Sonora, Mexico - Keller

Other books I want to get rid of that might be of interest

Wonderful Life - Stephen Jay Gould, 1989

The World Atlas of Wine - Hugh Johnson, 1978

Please reply to me at my email, not to the entire list.

Odette James