[Tweeters] White-throated Sparrow in Issaquah? (Eric Snyder)

Ted Ryan ted at fortryan.com
Mon Mar 18 12:45:14 PDT 2024

I saw and heard a White-throated Sparrow on the Queets River a number of years ago, early November. The song was clear and crisp. I was really surprised to hear the song that late in the season. I have also heard a variation of their song about this time of year in Kitsap County but did not get a visual ID. I chalked those up to maybe a Golden-crowned or White-crowned Sparrow with a confused song memory as it wasn't obviously the song of a White-throated Sparrow.

Ted Ryan
Port Orchard, WA