[Tweeters] Recommendations for bins

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Sun Mar 24 20:20:31 PDT 2024

Hi Christina,

Although there are -many- who say "just use an 8 power - it's easier to
find the bird and hold the bins steady" ... I have a different opinion.
I got 8x40, 10x40, and 12x40 (all Nikon Monarch with the same coatings)
and found that I consistently reach for the 12x40 over either of the
others. And so does my wife. Yes, when I use the 8 or 10 power they
are easier to use in terms of 'finding the bird' ... but if you can
find the bird with the 12 power the view is outstanding. One man's
opinion ...
- Jim