[Alpine-info] O365 XOAUTH2 via fetchmail

Carl Edquist gatetman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 09:42:04 PDT 2022

Hi all,

I am using alpine for an O365 account which requires the "modern
authentication" / XOAUTH2. This works and a big thank you to Eduardo
(Thanks Eduardo!!) for adding this support to alpine.

But for a couple reasons, what I would like to try to do now, if possible,
is use fetchmail to retrieve my messages (from O365 with XOAUTH2) into a
local mbox file, and have alpine deal just with the local mbox files. (I
used to have a setup like this before my O365 account started requiring
XOAUTH2).

I think I have read in the past that people have gotten something like
this working with fetchmail + XOAUTH2. (At least with gmail anyway.)

Has anyone gotten something like this working with fetchmail + XOAUTH2 for
O365? A big thank you in advance if anyone has any links, or personal
tips, etc on getting this working...

Thanks!
Carl