[Alpine-info] multiple mailbox locations?

Milt Epstein mepstein at illinois.edu
Sat Jun 25 14:36:14 PDT 2022

Don't know for sure the issue, a few thoughts:

When I have "continuation lines" for an option setting in my .pinerc,
the lines begin with a TAB. So it'd be something like:

folder-collections=...
<TAB>...

I don't know what you have. (Plus you might check the setting in
alpine interactively to see if that gives you any more information.)

Should you have a "/" after the "patrick", e.g.,
"/Users/patrick/Documents/mail/patrick/[]"?

Are the absolute/relative paths OK? e.g., when I specify "Mail/[]",
it's referring to the directory Mail under my home directory.

As to the files in that directory, with mine they're just regular mbox
files. Not really sure what you mean by "the dot files for my
folders". Maybe you're using a different format for message
files/directories, like maildir? (Or maybe you need to put the
messages you saved in mbox files?) I think you can use alpine with
maildir, but it may require using a patched version. And I'd think
these options can be used with maildir, but I don't know the details.

Milt Epstein
mepstein at illinois.edu