[Alpine-info] multiple mailbox locations?

Patrick J. Collins patrick at collinatorstudios.com
Sat Jun 25 13:59:23 PDT 2022

> This can be done with the folder-collections option, e.g.:

> folder-collections="Local Folders" Mail/[]

Hmm.. I must be doing something wrong because this appears to not be working.
I put in my pinerc:

folder-collections=Mail {collinatorstudios.com:993/ssl/novalidate-cert/user=patrick at collinatorstudios.com}[],
"Local Folders" /Users/patrick/Documents/mail/patrick[]

But when I run Alpine, it just shows:

Folder-Collection <Incoming-Folders>

INBOX

Folder-Collection <Mail>

[Select Here to See Expanded List]

... When I try the "see expanded list" option, it just shows me the various
other folders on the remote server, not the local stuff.

The ~/Documents/mail/patrick folder has in it two regular files:

dovecot.mailbox.log.2
maildirsize

along with all the dot files for my folders like .sent-mail-may-2013 for example

So I am not sure if it's expecting things to be in a different folder structure?

Patrick J. Collins
https://collinatorstudios.com