[Alpine-info] Index Format FROMORTO

Eduardo Chappa alpine.chappa at yandex.com
Thu Mar 17 14:19:50 PDT 2022

On Thu, 17 Mar 2022, Peter Koellner wrote:

> So what I would like to do would be to restrict the display of clear

> names to email addresses that are registered in the address book, but

> others should just show the email address.

> So: If I got an email from "John Doe" <this.emailaddress at I.know> it

> should be shown as "John Doe", while "John Doe"

> <some.weirdo at impersonating.my.contact> should be shown as

> some.weirdo at impersonating.my.contact

> Would it be possible to do that without too much refactoring?

Dear Peter,

the only thing this situation reminds me of is the "rules" patch. With
it you can make changes in the way that the index is displayed on a
per-person basis. The patch is located at

https://alpine.x10host.com/alpine/info/rules.html

and the rule that you would be interested in using would be the "Replace
Rule", which you probably want something like

_NICK_ == {} => _FROM_ := _REPLACE_{_ADDRESS_}

I hope this works.

--
Eduardo