[Alpine-info] Index Format FROMORTO

Peter Koellner peter at asgalon.net
Thu Mar 17 10:24:52 PDT 2022

Hi!

Recently, someone obviously hacked some mailing list I had been subscribed to a decade ago or so, and is
sending me emails with fake sender addresses but with real names of people I am still in contact with
and fairly believable subject lines.
So what I would like to do would be to restrict the display of clear names to email addresses that are registered in the address book, but others should just show the email address.

So: If I got an email from "John Doe" <this.emailaddress at I.know> it should be shown as "John Doe", while "John Doe" <some.weirdo at impersonating.my.contact> should be shown as some.weirdo at impersonating.my.contact

Would it be possible to do that without too much refactoring?

Regards
Peter