[Alpine-info] timestamps in "Journal"?

Georg Fuellen fuellen at uni-rostock.de
Thu May 12 18:33:42 PDT 2022

dear Eduardo,

> On Thu, 12 May 2022, Georg Fuellen wrote:

>> I think I remember that years ago, when reviewing alpine "log" messages via

>> J ("Journal") from the main menu, I could hit "T" (I think) in the submenu

>> and see the timestamps of the log messages; I cannot find that anymore, is

>> this function gone or? Thanks!! georg

> Dear Georg,

> I think that your version of Alpine was not compiled with debug on. Does

> this explain what you are observing?

Thanks, that's a good explanation, and I assume there's nothing I can
do in the acute case that I'd like to know what I did when, in my current
alpine session? In general, are there notable disadvanges when alpine
is compiled with debug on? (I assume it's a bit slower, but that's it?)

all the best
georg