[Alpine-info] timestamps in "Journal"?

Eduardo Chappa alpine.chappa at yandex.com
Thu May 12 21:04:01 PDT 2022

On Fri, 13 May 2022, Georg Fuellen wrote:

>> Dear Georg,

>> I think that your version of Alpine was not compiled with debug on.

>> Does this explain what you are observing?

> Thanks, that's a good explanation, and I assume there's nothing I can do

> in the acute case that I'd like to know what I did when, in my current

> alpine session? In general, are there notable disadvanges when alpine is

> compiled with debug on? (I assume it's a bit slower, but that's it?)

Dear Georg,

I do not know what could be done to see those timestamps given your
constraints. I see you are using an old version of Alpine. In current
versions of Alpine, when you compile Alpine the configure option
--disable-debug only disables the binary debug (the one gdb uses) but does
not disable the alpine debug (the one you get with the -d command line
option) or the debug journal (the one you get by pressing J from the Main
Screen.)

I hope this helps you understand the situation when you upgrade your
Alpine some day.

Thank you.

--
Eduardo