[Alpine-info] Highest praise for Eduardo

scowles at ckhb.org scowles at ckhb.org
Fri May 27 14:16:07 PDT 2022

On Thu, 26 May 2022, dan d. wrote:

> Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 16:24:45

> From: dan d. <dandunfee at gmail.com>

> To: alpine-info at u.washington.edu

> Subject: [Alpine-info] Highest praise for Eduardo

> I'm a blind alpine user and the security changes required to continue to use gmail were a hurdle for me.

> Eduardo was very generous and kind with his time on the phone and by email in helping me make the changes.

> I cann't thank him enough for his patience and the fustration I caused him, he is indeed a true gentleman.

thank you for the prod to offer thanks to eduardo. i've been using pine /
alpine / re-alpine / alpine since the mid 90's. i migrated straight from mail /
mailx to pine. i imagine that the job of developer / maintainer often goes with
little acknowledgment and this is a good opportunity to address that.

i add my thanks to eduardo for a tool that fits my requirements for
keyboard-driven speed, optional encryption / signing, and myriad customizations.

scowles at ckhb.org