[Alpine-info] deceptive links (fictitious)

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Wed Nov 9 14:01:06 PST 2022

I have just received a mail message, which reports at top the indication:

[The following HTML text may contain deceptive links. Carefully ]
[ note the destination URL before visiting any links.]

The message comes from an official site (the municipal authorities of
Milan, it is the yearly notification of the garbage collection tax).

This year (*) it is an HTML-only mail. It appears in alpine all
underscored (this I believe it is because of <em> tags in the source), and
contains links of the form

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.comune.milano.it/fascicolo-del-
cittadino__;!!LQkDIss!SyDMKrF1ZGZ9NC-QEg5A3e_HMACAZ_wl0T0MsBG1UUGQPmUFWIPKcP
B7l8ZiEIplfPzZj3g2mkkAvrAlR6Sqj39R$

(*) apparently even last year's message contined URLs of the same form,
but was sent as an ascii message with an "identical content" HTML
attachment (the version stored in my Fcc has the HTML stripped off, since
I hate these double-version e-mail).

Anyhow I think there are no "deceptive links". All the rest is sender's
fault.

--
Lucio Chiappetti