[Alpine-info] Seeking someone who..?

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Mon Dec 4 15:33:53 PST 2023

On 2023-12-04 21:20, Lucio Chiappetti wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Dec 2023, Damion Yates wrote:

>> Lucio Chiappetti <lucio at lambrate.inaf.it> wrote:

>>> I am quite concerned about the moves of gmail moving away from IMAP

>>> sometimes next year. I am seeking solutions ...

>> Sorry what?!  So you have a reference to this notice?

> I might have misinterpreted what I read on the fetchmail mailing list,

> which I include here

> F> Seems that Google have defined the total phase out:

> https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2023/09/winding-down-google-sync-and-less-secure-apps-support.html

> F> seems that 'app password' still will be supported:

> https://knowledge.workspace.google.com/kb/how-to-generate-an-app-passwords-000009237?hl=en

This means:

«Beginning September 30, 2024: third-party apps that use only a password
to access Google Accounts and Google Sync will no longer be supported»

That's all. There is nothing said there about phasing out imap, or
phasing out application passwords.

What they are phasing out is access with the main google login and
password unless you use Oauth2. Or application passwords.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.

(from openSUSE 15.5 (Laicolasse))