[Alpine-info] Maildir folder-collection

Eduardo Chappa alpine.chappa at yandex.com
Sun Dec 24 08:11:14 PST 2023

On Sun, 24 Dec 2023, Paolo Andretta wrote:

> Not what I hoped to achieve :-(

> When I press "l" to go to Folder list, I get:

> Nick Name

> Local folders in #mc/Maildir.

> Another Nick

> Local folders in #mc/Maildir.mail.

It seems that you need to spend some time in the configuration screen.
Press M S C and look at all the options under [ Folder Preferences ].

> that is like what I can already have with the setting:

> folder-collections="Locali" #mc/Maildir/.[]

> whit a one more selection level ...

Since you are already renaming things, not one line will do the job. I
would have considered to use the value

folder-collections="Locali" #mc/INBOX.mail.[]

but that will not do either because you are already renaming folders
manually. I do not think you can do what you want given what you reported.

--
Eduardo