[Alpine-info] incoming collections (and not)

Andrew C Aitchison andrew at aitchison.me.uk
Sun Jan 1 14:43:25 PST 2023

On Sun, 1 Jan 2023, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> El 2023-01-01 a las 21:47 -0000, Andrew C Aitchison escribió:

>> On Sun, 1 Jan 2023, Lucio Chiappetti wrote:

>> You may be able to run fetchmail as a daemon using the imap idle command

>> which will allow gmail to alert fetchmail that you have new messages,

>> so no waiting five minutes. This does require a long-running connection to

>> gmail but you don't need to set up a TLS link every five minutes.

>> This works well with my provider but I haven't tried it with Gmail

>> as I just get them to forward my mail ...

> I understand that in this mode fetchmail can only do one account.

True,
which reminds me that I have an alternative fetchmail directory for this,
and set FETCHMAILHOME to point to this directory.
(Since my gmail mail is forwarded, I don't need to collect from more than
one place, but I could have a directory for each and script each one).

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK
andrew at aitchison.me.uk