[Alpine-info] invalid_grant error AADSTS70043: expired or invalid refresh token

Brad Chamberlain bradford.chamberlain at hpe.com
Tue Jul 18 14:42:00 PDT 2023

Hi Eduardo —

Off-list to avoid potential churn, though I can respond back on-list with
anything that comes out of this and seems useful:

> using the erase-passwords option seems to be the correct way to solve this

> issue, albeit it erases all your passwords.

When you say "All my passwords", what does that mean? All alpine
passwords? (presumably not all Mac keychain passwords?) Does having
multiple passwords only come up when using alpine with multiple email
servers / inboxes?

Would another way to force it to get a new token be to delete some entry
from the Mac keychain manually?

Personally, I don't have a problem with things as they stand now that I
have a workaround. I think I used a password file when I was building
alpine from source on my Linux box, but now that I'm using homebrew on my
Mac, using its formula was convenient (and I don't think it's configured
to use a password file by default? Or at least, I didn't notice if it
is).

Thanks again,
-Brad