[Alpine-info] invalid_grant error AADSTS70043: expired or invalid refresh token

Jerry jerryyhom at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 05:48:52 PDT 2023

In Digest format, Eduardo Chappa wrote:

> Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 15:24:03 -0600 (MDT)

> From: Eduardo Chappa <alpine.chappa at yandex.com>

> To: Brad Chamberlain <bradford.chamberlain at hpe.com>

> Cc: Alpine Users <alpine-info at u.washington.edu>

> Subject: Re: [Alpine-info] invalid_grant error AADSTS70043: expired or

> invalid refresh token

[deleted for brevity]

> All of this would be much easier if Mac and Windows did not have their own

> way to deal with password support. I am thinking of doing one of two

> things: either forcing everyone to use password file support or adding a

> password file into the windows credentials and the mac keychain. This

> would make it much simpler to support alpine across several platforms.

> I know I upset people when I do this kind of things, so if anyone has

> opinions that I should consider, I will be happy to read them.

Thanks Eduardo for the explanation. I use alpine on a Mac, and frankly,
considering that you do not program on a Mac, I'm impressed that alpine
has Mac specific code.

Anyhow, in reply to your idea, I believe the better option is using the
generic password file support instead of the windows/mac specific
options. I emphatically agree the code would be much simpler to support
across platforms. As it is now, the #ifdef logic is complicated. A few
years ago, I made a focused effort tracing through the logic and
discovered a minor bug with the Mac Keychain support. I forget the
details by now, but the logic is more complicated than it should be. I
would definitely favor simplifying the code.