[Alpine-info] invalid_grant error AADSTS70043: expired or invalid refresh token

Eduardo Chappa alpine.chappa at yandex.com
Sat Jul 22 11:19:27 PDT 2023

On Sat, 22 Jul 2023, Jerry wrote:

> Thanks Eduardo for the explanation. I use alpine on a Mac, and frankly,

> considering that you do not program on a Mac, I'm impressed that alpine

> has Mac specific code.

For clarification purposes. The KeyChain code comes from the team at the
University of Washington. I'm hoping I will never have to deal with it,
since I do not have a Mac, so I have no way to maintain it.

> Anyhow, in reply to your idea, I believe the better option is using the

> generic password file support instead of the windows/mac specific

> options.

Thank you for your feedback!

> I emphatically agree the code would be much simpler to support across

> platforms. As it is now, the #ifdef logic is complicated. A few years

> ago, I made a focused effort tracing through the logic and discovered a

> minor bug with the Mac Keychain support. I forget the details by now,

> but the logic is more complicated than it should be. I would definitely

> favor simplifying the code.

Oh! I was not aware of a bug in the code. Hopefully it is easy to fix. If
you find it again, please let me know so we can investigate it.

--
Eduardo