[Alpine-info] Sudenly, a rule doesn't work.

Dennis Davis dennisdavis at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 25 03:45:06 PDT 2023

On Fri, 23 Jun 2023, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> From: Carlos E. R. <robin.listas at telefonica.net>

> To: Alpine info <alpine-info at u.washington.edu>

> Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 11:48:01 +0200 (CEST)

> Subject: [Alpine-info] Sudenly, a rule doesn't work.

> I have been, for years, using a select messages rule in some

> accounts. I do, once inside the folder:

> ; Select

> R Rule

> ^T To List

> Select non offtopic messages on GMX bis

> The rule is:

> LIT:pattern="/NICK=Select non offtopic messages on GMX

> bis/ARBList-Id=project.lists.opensuse.org,support.lists.opensuse.org,factory.lists.opensuse.org,security-announce.lists.opensuse.org,security-announce.lists.opensuse.org,announce.lists.opensuse.org,users.lists.opensuse.org,users-es.lists.opensuse.org,kernel.lists.opensuse.org,test.lists.opensuse.org,kde.lists.opensuse.org,virtual.lists.opensuse.org,translation.lists.opensuse.org,gnome.lists.opensuse.org,security.lists.opensuse.org/FLDTYPE=EMAIL"

> action="/ISSRCH=1",

> And suddenly, today it fails:

> [full text search not supported]

> Is there something I can do?

> It is a gmx.es account.

Long shot: if this is an IMAP account, the following option on the
INBOX/Folder specification might help:

Loser
This option makes sense only for IMAP servers that do not
perform a SEARCH command correctly. If your filtering rules fail
to filter some messages, that should have been filtered, then
this option will make Alpine download all data necessary data
to perform that search. There is a performance penalty when
using this option. Downloading the data to perform the search
will take longer than requesting the IMAP server to perform the
filtering, but the filtering will be done correctly.
--
Dennis Davis <dennisdavis at fastmail.fm>