[Alpine-info] reply from "To:" Address iff recognized

Andrew C Aitchison andrew at aitchison.me.uk
Fri Mar 17 09:14:49 PDT 2023

On Fri, 17 Mar 2023, jason-alpine-info at shalott.net wrote:

>> Is there an option to make the reply default from the original To/Cc

>> address, which is recognized as my own?

> Yes. Under Setup -> Config settings, see option:

> * Copy To Address to From if it is Us

> You'll also need to define which addresses should be recognized as "Us" by

> setting:

> * Alternate Addresses

> This takes a list of regexes, so you can do stuff like,

> myname\+.*@gmail.com, .*@mydomain

This has been on my wishlist for some time, but I didn't even know that it
was something I could ask for, so thanks to Jason for answering, Eric for
asking and (presumably) Eduardo for implementing the feature in the first
place.

I note that it isn't working for me for messages from mailing lists,
but I will need to see whether it is related to how I use fetchmail
as part of my incoming mail flow.

Thanks again.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK