[Alpine-info] YYYY-MM-DD Date Format?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue May 2 08:03:40 PDT 2023

On 2/5/23 21:55, Eduardo Chappa wrote:

> On Tue, 2 May 2023, Simon Harrison wrote:

>> Is it possible to show the date received column in this

>> format:

>> YYYY-MM-DD

> Yes. Press M S C and go to "Index Format", there press "?" for help and

> copy the default into the field and replace the original value of

> SMARTDATETIME24 token by DATEISO.

In the available tokens, is SMARTDATETIMEISO24 , but, it does not
display the date in the ISO format.

Would it be possible, for the next release of alpine, to add a token
that displays the date in the ISO format, and, for all messages, the
time, in 24 hour format format; for example, DATEISOTIME24, or,
DATETIMEISO24 ?

One advantage of this, would be that, when a daily, or, otherwise
event-driven, no more than once daily, message is sent, it would mean
that monitoring the time of day that the message gets sent, when it gets
sent - for example, my Post Office Box has the facility where I get
notified by email, when mail is available for collection from the Post
Office Box, and, having time display, for all days, would enable
monitoring, by viewing the folder message index, of the time of day,
that the message has a history of being sent.

That, in conjunction with the message dates displayed in the index, in
ISO format,would be useful.

Thank you in anticipation.

..
Bret Busby