[Alpine-info] YYYY-MM-DD Date Format?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue May 2 08:24:04 PDT 2023

On 2/5/23 23:03, Bret Busby wrote:

> On 2/5/23 21:55, Eduardo Chappa wrote:

>> On Tue, 2 May 2023, Simon Harrison wrote:

>>> Is it possible to show the date received column in this

>>> format:

>>> YYYY-MM-DD

>> Yes. Press M S C and go to "Index Format", there press "?" for help

>> and copy the default into the field and replace the original value of

>> SMARTDATETIME24 token by DATEISO.

> In the available tokens, is SMARTDATETIMEISO24 , but, it does not

> display the date in the ISO format.

> Would it be possible, for the next release of alpine, to add a token

> that displays the date in the ISO format, and, for all messages, the

> time, in 24 hour format format; for example, DATEISOTIME24, or,

> DATETIMEISO24 ?

> One advantage of this, would be that, when a daily, or, otherwise

> event-driven, no more than once daily, message is sent, it would mean

> that monitoring the time of day that the message gets sent, when it gets

> sent - for example, my Post Office Box has the facility where I get

> notified by email, when mail is available for collection from the Post

> Office Box, and, having time display, for all days, would enable

> monitoring, by viewing the folder message index, of the time of day,

> that the message has a history of being sent.

> That, in conjunction with the message dates displayed in the index, in

> ISO format,would be useful.

> Thank you in anticipation.

I think that I have worked it out; I have
STATUS MSGNO DATEISO TIME24 FROMORTO(33%) SIZE SUBJKEY(67%)

That pretty much achieves (for me) an ideal index display (as much as
can be obtained in the current incarnation of the software - a
particular functionality was lost between a couple of previous versions).

Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia
(UTC+0800)