[Alpine-info] Seeking someone who..?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sun Nov 26 13:26:47 PST 2023

Currently uses alpine to access their gmail account.
A bit of context
I experience sight loss, with basic html my only direct access to my gmail
account..which has been removed as of last Monday.
I use my gmail account personally and professionally, its lost is quite
quite quite a situation for me.
There is an associate in Toronto who is aiming to provide an email setup,
configuring alpine to access gmail, but he has never configured alpine
before.
As I experience sight loss, and have only accessed my gmail account via
the web interface, I need to
1, be sure what I am told should happen here incorporating imap is what I
expect,
and 2, insure my associate has correct information, all of my alpine
access is via dreamhost, and they do not configure alpine well.
My associate is using Alpine 2.5, which I recall has a tool that allows
one to authenticate to gmail, but I am seeking someone with direct
experience so this gets done to the best of Alpine's ability.
If you are personally doing this, Can you please write me off list?
I absolutely positively do not have the emotional capacity to gamble here,
hoping to connect Ron with someone who knows what they are doing.
klewellen at shellworld.net
thanks,
Kare