[Alpine-info] Seeking someone who..?

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sun Nov 26 13:41:26 PST 2023

On 27/11/23 05:26, Karen Lewellen wrote:

> Currently uses alpine to access their gmail account.

> A bit of context

> I experience sight loss, with basic html my only direct access to my

> gmail account..which has been removed as of last Monday.

> I use my gmail account personally and professionally, its lost is quite

> quite quite a situation for me.

> There is an associate in Toronto who is aiming to provide an email

> setup, configuring alpine to access gmail, but he has never configured

> alpine before.

> As I experience sight loss, and have only accessed my gmail account via

> the web interface, I  need to

> 1, be sure what I am told should happen here incorporating imap is what

> I expect,

> and 2, insure my associate has correct information, all of my alpine

> access is via dreamhost, and they do not configure alpine well.

> My associate is using Alpine 2.5, which I recall has a tool that allows

> one to authenticate to gmail,  but I am seeking someone with direct

> experience so this gets done  to the best of Alpine's ability.

> If you are personally doing this, Can you please write me off list?

> I absolutely positively do not have the emotional capacity to gamble

> here, hoping to connect Ron with someone who knows what they are doing.

> klewellen at shellworld.net

> thanks,

> Kare

Thank you for that message.

I had not accessed my gmail account for a while, so, was not aware of
the elimination of the basic HTML option.

It is apparently part of the increasing gratuitous bastardy of the
script kiddies sabotaging ICT, so as to malignantly make ICT less
usable, and less productive.

Consequently, it seems that my days of using gmail, have come and gone,
with gmail now just another borg thing, to be avoided.

Bret Busby
Armadale
Western Australia
(UTC+0800)