[Alpine-info] Seeking someone who..?

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Wed Nov 29 12:15:36 PST 2023

Would you please make this something that a user could opt out of when
configuring alpine from the tar ball?

Many blind users love alpine but with the change with the master password
it completely overwhelms them.

I know how to follow those instructions that Google finds but many blind
alpine users cannot and the procedure for disabling the password is just
too complicated for many blind users who just love alpine and have used it
for many years and just don't want to be forced to use mutt which doesn't
have this roadblocking feature.

It's a wonderful feature for those that want it, but it oppressive to those
who want the previous simplicity and eligance of alpine.

Couldn't this be made into a configuration choice so that the delightful
elegance and simplicity of alpine could be retained for those who desire
it? Alpine Retro!

Best regards,.
David