[Alpine-info] Seeking someone who..?

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Nov 30 08:45:34 PST 2023

Simply offering a personal opinion here.
One concern I have reading both the question and the answer is the
assumption that there is a uniformed applies to everyone sharing a label
like blind people problem.
Typing a complex password is a challenge in general, with finding a
solution that benefits everyone equally helpful.
I am far more concerned that google could uniformly remove display
choices, taking away basic html which helps many populations as well,
including those who may experience sight loss.
Indeed technology can provide options. but speaking personally, many who
lead with generalized terms like blind people have also limited the
options those sharing that label can use.
If you are not, cannot, or choose not to define your technology approaches
from a term I have read from others, a blind elite standpoint, you are
not a good blind person.
the simple ability to cut and copy the password somewhere else, and place
that password in the required field would solve the problem.
Of course many lack the keyboard skills, or the lower graphics environment
that made that possible, or any number of things.
my understanding too is the password simply needs doing once.
choose a master password easy to remember.
Mercy I use the birthday of a person I respect for mine often.
You would be surprised how many people just use a variation on the word
master password.
Still, my point is assuming a generalized problem rooted in a, again
speaking personally, nonexistent uniformed experience serves no one.
Kare