[Alpine-info] Seeking someone who..?

Milt Epstein mepstein at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 30 12:11:51 PST 2023

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> On 2023-11-29 21:12, Karen Lewellen wrote:

> > Hi Carlos,

> > As i have no intention of turning this off either, I have a quick question?

> > Where does alpine store this password, when it asks to save the password for

> > future use?

> Encrypted, in ".pinepw", I think.

[ ... ]

I believe this is a compile-time opton -- using --with_passfile -- and
also comes with a default, depending on what your platform is (mine is
".pine-passfile"). It might also be possible to have it not set at
all (or have it be empty?). And there might be a command-line option
to tell you what it is set to, I'm not sure.

Milt Epstein
mepstein at illinois.edu