[Alpine-info] Alpine IMAP Support: was Seeking someone who..?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Nov 30 17:54:34 PST 2023

damion.yates at gmail.com said on Thu, 30 Nov 2023 20:52:25 +0000 (GMT)

>On Thu, 30 Nov 2023, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:

>Wait what? Alpine has better xoauth2 and IMAP support, if this is

>misunderstood that should be corrected.

Is this good IMAP support something new? In 2013, and maybe 2018 and
2020, I tried getting Alpine working, on my Daily Driver Desktop, with
the Dovecot IMAP server on my Daily Driver Desktop. I don't remember
the details, but it pulled up very few of my folders from Dovecot.
Maybe those folders weren't subscribed, but Claws-Mail and Evolution
pulled up the right folders easily.

I'm using Claws-Mail and Evolution, depending on which is having a
problem on a given day. I'd love to add Alpine to my collection of
email clients.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt