[Alpine-info] Seeking someone who..?

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Thu Nov 30 15:43:48 PST 2023

Hello Damion,

Yes, lynx google.com works but lynx gmail.com does NOT work, it says "use
supported browser".
You cannot use a single letter or blank master password with alpine, I
tried many and finally got frustrated at a small password and entered
"alphabet" and it was accepted.

That's eight letters, I suspect that alpine will allow six letters.

This is for every user, one more password to enter. It only stops
someone from sitting at someone else's computer and typing in "alpine" and
reading their mail because in addition to the person's email password now
the program is password protected.

I live alone, my cat doesn't read email, she finds it boring.

I will eventually forget my master password or I will go through the
complicated for me process of removing the master password from this
computer. I think certain folders have to be deleted under configuration.

Regards,
David