[Alpine-info] Inbox Zero with Alpine, anyone ?

Xavier Maillard x at maillard.im
Mon Sep 11 21:02:27 PDT 2023

Hello,

On Mon, 11 Sep 2023, Simon Harrison wrote:

> Today, I have a different approach which I find works really well for

> me: Multiple mailboxes

I see but what's the purpose of storing mails. I experimented so many
approaches. In the end, I just get a whole bunch of
mails-I-will-never-look-at-again with possibly sensible data (private
informations, invoices, etc.)

I like the idea of multiple account in the first hand but, I do not really
see the added value.

> For me, inbox zero achieved nothing. It's housekeeping for no good

> reason.

Inbox zero for me is synonym of 1) comfort, 2) less stress, 3) more
ecological (what's the point of thousands of messages stored on
energy-guzzling servers).
In 30 years, I can count on the fingers on my two hands the number of
times I needed to search/access an archived message, making the whole
purpose of storing/archiveing pretty unnecessary.

Inbox zero is for me to regain control of my mailbox with good and simple
habits.

--
Xavier