[Alpine-info] Inbox Zero with Alpine, anyone ?

Simon Harrison info at simonh.uk
Mon Sep 11 13:30:50 PDT 2023

On Sun, 10 Sep 2023 06:12:20 +0200 (CEST)
Xavier Maillard <x at maillard.im> wrote:

> Hello,

> All is said in the title. Does anyone of you practice the Inbox Zero

> mail strategy inside Alpine ? If so, what tips can you share or what

> would be the best settings you use ?

> I recently switched back to Slackware and Alpine (instead of Mac and

> Mail Mac), so far, I'm like a fish in water but still learnign Alpine

> again :)

> Thanks for your help.

Years ago, I tried (and succeeded) in achieving inbox zero (on multiple
accounts). I spent weeks to get there. My work account had, if I
remember correctly, about 3,000 emails sat in the inbox that I duly put
into the relevant folder, or deleted.

Today, I have a different approach which I find works really well for
me: Multiple mailboxes

mail at mydomain.tld - my "normal" mail account
work at mydomain.tld - work stuff