[Alpine-info] Forwarded mail partially invisible in Outlook

Olaf Skibbe olaf at kravcenko.com
Fri Feb 16 13:22:27 PST 2024

Hi all,

I came across a strange issue which is most likely related to outlook.
But since alpine is involved, I want to make sure that the problem is
not caused by alpine.

Using alpine, I forwarded mails containing several parts. I wrote some
text in the mail as well.

The recipients using outlook then do not see my text, but solely the
forwarded mail as if it would have been send to them directly.

The problem occurs only when for some reason the text of the forwarded
mail is attached instead of being cited. The mails that showed this
problem, all consisted of several parts including attachments (e.g.
PDFs). I used such a mail as a template to create a minimal example (by
editing the raw mail text) and then sent it to myself. In alpine, this
example mail looks as follows: