[Alpine-info] Maildir folder-collection

Paolo Andretta andretta at apf.it
Tue Jan 9 11:45:53 PST 2024

On Tue, 9 Jan 2024, Eduardo Chappa wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jan 2024, Paolo Andretta wrote:

>> This is also what I understand. but I am not a developer/programmer, so

>> asking to Eduardo that suggests me to apply the patch. ;-)

> I do not distribute rpms, whoever distributed yours is responsible for its

> source code, as such, all I can tell you is that you an apply the patch to a

> pristine source code of alpine without any problem. You can get the source

> code for alpine at

> https://alpineapp.email

Ok, If I download the 2.25 source I can patch it without problem, so I
suppose the patch was already applied.

I downloaded the 2.26 source and the corresponding maildir.patch.
Applied, Compiled alpine ignoring the rpm packaging, installed
(replaced), binaries in the usual /usr/bin

Now I can delete a freshly created maildir folder without errors, but if I
add more than one messagges, or try to delete an "old" folder I get:

[Can not remove #mc/INBOX.mail.240109/: Directory not empty]

In the disks I have something like this remaining:

dovecot-uidlist │ 26627│Dec 18 00:09│
dovecot.index │ 5684│Dec 18 11:34│
dovecot.index.cache │ 455352│Jan 8 19:06│
dovecot.index.log │ 7464│Dec 20 12:56│
maildirfolder │ 0│Dec 18 00:00|

and in my folder list now I can't have the list of folder/subfolder, only
the folders at the firts level.
I suppose that restarting experimentations after a couple of weeks of
other priorities I have done some mess ... :-(

For what I suppose are the relevant settings I have:

inbox-path={192.168.111.3/novalidate-cert}inbox
folder-collections="Locali" #mc/INBOX.mail.[]

My interest is to manage the converted maildir folders as I have done
since early 90's with the mbox folders.

--

Thanks,
Paolo