[Alpine-info] Maildir folder-collection

Eduardo Chappa alpine.chappa at yandex.com
Tue Jan 9 23:22:26 PST 2024

On Tue, 9 Jan 2024, Paolo Andretta wrote:

> In the disks I have something like this remaining:

> dovecot-uidlist │ 26627│Dec 18 00:09│

> dovecot.index │ 5684│Dec 18 11:34│

> dovecot.index.cache │ 455352│Jan 8 19:06│

> dovecot.index.log │ 7464│Dec 20 12:56│

> maildirfolder │ 0│Dec 18 00:00|

Thank you for this list. The maildir patch takes a conservative approach
up to what to delete. Given that technically a directory can contain many
kinds of things, Alpine only deletes the files it created or that are part
of the standard maildir format of the folder. All other files (like the
ones above, which are part of an extension of the maildir format) are left
there because Alpine prefers to keep them than to remove them, so you can
go to the folder and see what it is in there, and manually remove them. I
will modify the patch to make Alpine remove these files too, so that
deleting these folders will work better.

--
Eduardo