[Alpine-info] how to create rules /nicknames under alpine?

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Sun Jan 28 12:19:35 PST 2024

On Sat, 27 Jan 2024, Karen Lewellen wrote:

> I have a time sensitive need to create a rule in alpine where a different

> edition of my signature is sent.

> What I would appreciate are simple clear and step by step directions to

> get this done.

Here you are:

type M S R R A i.e.

Menu
Setup
Rules
Role
Add (a new role)

for the new role, give a Nickname, Comment

then scroll down to ACTIONS BEGIN HERE
and set e.g.

Set LiteralSig = <No Value Set>
Set Signature = ~/.sig/moderator.signatur

(this is my choice, no literal signature written inline in .pinerc but in
an external file,. in this example is moderator.signatur ... I have
polenty of signatures in ~/.sig, some chsen by role, some manually

You might want to look at the other items in the role, e.g. if you want
the role to be triggered automatically by some characteristics of the mail
you are replying. Use the internal help (command ?) while addsing the
role to get help on each item.

Otherwise you may invoke the role by name by the usual ways when
composing (e.g. command # or sequence M C R)

--
Lucio Chiappetti - INAF/IASF - via Corti 12 - I-20133 Milano (Italy)