[Tweeters] Black-bellied Plover at Norbert & Dicie Maquez's Pond.

Kevin Lucas vikingcove at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 14:29:24 PDT 2023

Today I found a breeding plumage Black-bellied Plover at Norbert & Dicie
Marquez's Pond in Nass, along the Yakima Valley Highway between Outlook &
Granger. It's foraging west of the pond. It's a striking bird, and the
first one I've found in Yakima County this year.

It's still foraging as of 2:22.

Norbert & Dicie are the couple who own the pond. I've not met Dicie, and
have called this pond Norbert's Nass Pond for years, because I've met and
spoken with him, and I liked the ring of it. He's a nice guy. I realized
that it wasn't right for me to call it that, since it left out Dicie, so
I've started calling it, appropriately, Norbert & Dicie Marquez's Pond.

Good Birding,
Kevin Lucas
Yakima County, Washington

Sent with AquaMail for Android