[Tweeters] Harlequin Duck

Stephen Elston stephen.elston at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 13:10:36 PDT 2023

In my understanding, Harlequin Duck breed along fast moving
mountain streams. In the spring these birds migrate from saltwater
wintering sites to high altitude breeding sites. I suppose this bird was
taking a break during this migration.

You can see the breeding range map
<http://www.birdweb.org/birdweb/bird/harlequin_duck#> for our state on
BirdWeb.