[Tweeters] Harlequin Duck

Janet Ray janetlaura at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 18 14:16:19 PDT 2023

I can’t speak to Harlequins perched on wires.
But I can relate that one of the strangest bird sights I’ve see is a flock of about 6 Black-bellied Whistling Ducks perched on a wire outside a yard with many feeders (in Texas). They were hilariously rocking back and forth trying to stay on the wire with their broad flat feet obviously not optimized for that task
Janet Ray
Preston WA