[Tweeters] New Arrivals

Hans-Joachim Feddern thefedderns at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 22:59:51 PDT 2023

A single male Purple Martin over Lake Lorene, Treasure Island Park in Twin
Lakes, Federal Way was a first of the year bird for me. It joined four
other swallow species hunting for insects low over the water: good numbers
of Barn -and Violet-green Swallows, a couple of newly arrived Northern
Rough-winged Swallows and a single Cliff Swallow, the latter likely just
passing through.

Yesterday we had our FOY male Brown-headed Cowbird at the lake. A male
Red-winged Blackbird chased it out of the area. The cowbird came back with
7 of his buddies today. They kept busy chasing a single female.

Also yesterday we had the first White-crowned Sparrow singing on territory.

Good Birding!

Hans

--
*Hans Feddern*