[Tweeters] off-topic Taiwan question

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 12:53:48 PDT 2023

 Dear Tweeters,
A friend of mine told me that he found driving in Taiwan quite challenging, so I am rethinking my original idea of birding there on my own. If anyone in Tweeterland can recommend a bird guide for Taiwan, please contact me off list.
Here is the obligatory bird observation.
Yesterday I had my best day of NY State shorebirding ever. That was five (5) species and twenty-nine (29) individuals! There was a flock of 22 Killdeer, two sightings of Spotted Sandpiper, one sighting of a Lesser Yellowlegs, two observations of single Semipalmated Sandpiper, and the bird of the day, a Baird's Sandpiper. Five shorebird species. That is what one would seen in the first three minutes of shorebirding on Fir Island!
Yours truly,
Gary Bletsch
Jamestown, NY