[Tweeters] Tokeland Godwit Trifecta

bill shelmerdine georn1 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 22 16:42:36 PDT 2023

Today at the Tokeland Marina there was a juvenile Hudsonian Godwit (HuGo) at Toke Point and two Bar-tailed Godwits (BTGO) among the 550 or so Marbled Godwits (MaGo) roosting inside the boat basin. When I arrived at Tokeland Marina three birders (Frank C, Bruce B, and Curt J) were already on the (HuGo). The bird was with 9 Marbleds and several Willets near the pilings at the south end outside of the boat basin. As we studied the HuGo, flocks of MaGo began flying into the boat boat basin from the west to roost on the breakwater on the rising tide. Going over to the boat ramp/ marina office we scanned the flocks and we’re able to tease out two Bar-tailed. One was the continuing adult female, the other a rather pale immature (perhaps a new arrival). Good fun and good company!
Cheers and good birding,
Bill Shelmerdine
Olympia WA

Sent from my iPhone