[Tweeters] Bird Book Collection available - not mine!

David Hutchinson florafaunabooks at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 13 20:59:29 PST 2023

Hi All. Just wanted to let you know about the
availability of a group of used bird books that has
recently come available in Seattle. This is the
collection of the late Mr,Dale Rice. In my forty or so
years in the book business in Washington, this is
likely the best group of natural history books in
private hands in recent years. However the overall
collection was broken up and went, I believe, to a
variety of institutions. But a group of some hundreds
of used bird books is now being sold by Collins
Books in the Seattle north end in theHaller Lake area.

The books are not always in top condition but Collins
is a very reliable company and books seemed to be
priced to sell. When I was shown the collection I was
impressed by the range of field & regional bird guides from
all over the world, especially all over the African region, South
America, every corner of Asia, British edtns.

Birders travelling the world, ornithologists, libraries or
serious collectors might well find something of interest.

My sense is that not all the books have been catalogued yet,
but I am sure they are working away at it.

I have no financial interest in all this, but I had always hoped
that I might buy the collection some years ago as it covered
so many different subjects in the life sciences. Good luck with all this!

collinsbooks at collinsbooks.com. 206-323-3999
& Discovery Park volunteer.
David Hutchinson, florafaunabooks at hotmail.com, 206-499-7305