[Tweeters] Skagit County Trip

Hank Heiberg hank.heiberg at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 08:14:47 PST 2023

Last week we had an enjoyable birding trip to Skagit County with nearly perfect weather for December. Our favorite birding hot spot was Rosario Head both because of the incredible scenery and because of the birds including a Black Scoter, Black Oystercatchers and Harlequin Ducks . East 90 in the Samish flats came in a close second with Short-eared Owls and Northern Harriers. We love seeing owls! Here is a link to the eBird trip report.

https://ebird.org/tripreport/183921

Click on “show all of the details” in blue in the trip report to see where the listed species were seen.

Our favorite photos:

Reflection of a Great Blue Heron in a pond at Jennings Memorial Park in Marysville

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/53421497913/in/

Pacific Wren that perched close to us at Rosario Beach

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/53417440078/in/

Here is a link to the photo album for the trip.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/albums/72177720313598836/

Hank & Karen Heiberg
Issaquah, WA