[Tweeters] Birding Guide for a day on Maui

Joan Miller jemskink at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 07:20:00 PDT 2023

HI,

Sorry I don't have a guide recommendation. I did sign up for a guided trip,
but was the only one so it got cancelled. I don't recall the name of the
place. There didn't seem to be much on Maui, but on the Big Island you
would find an excellent one - Hawaii Forest & Trail. I can tell you that
THE place to bird on Maui is Hosmer Grove at Haleakala National Park. Also
the Kealia Pond National Wildlife Refuge. There may be other birdy areas,
but those two stand out in my memory.

Hope you see some good birds!

Joan Miller
West Seattle