[Tweeters] Exposure to neurotoxic rodenticide bromethalin in birds of prey -- ScienceDaily

Tom Benedict benedict.t at comcast.net
Mon Jul 17 05:44:21 PDT 2023

We’ve tried to minimized out bird->rat feeding by adding a tray under our suet cakes to catch much of the waste that is dropped by the feeding birds. It may have helped a bit. We stopped feeding with birdseed years ago.

The bird control rat bait looks like a very appealing alternative. A similar approach has been used some places for mosquito/malaria control, although I haven’t followed the outcomes.

Tom Benedict
Seahurst, WA